22 Sep Roof Terminology: The Basics Explained Part 1
In order to make the right decision for your home, it is important to know some basic concepts and definitions–metal roof terminology.
Here’s a new feature on the blog to help explain some of the basic terminology associated with roofing. Part 1 provides labels for those easy to describe, but difficult to name parts of your roof.
- Eaves—The horizontal edge of the roof that is closest to the ground.
- Ridge—The peak of the roof where two roof surfaces meet.
- Gables—The vertical edge of the roof. Where a course of shingles either begins or ends.
- Hips—any outside corner of two intersecting roof surfaces.
- Valleys—any inside corner of two intersecting roof surfaces.
Coming up next: Understanding Pitch