Home improvement season is almost here! Although it may be a little too early to begin major work, it’s never too early to start planning for improvements to your North Carolina home. While you’re thinking about major improvements and waiting for warmer weather, here’s a short list of good improvements that you can implement right now:
- Check and make sure that smoke, carbon monoxide, and radon detectors are all functioning properly.
- If you have to buy any new appliances, commit to buying appliances that are environmentally-friendly and, if possible, Made in the USA.
- Have furnace and air conditioning equipment checked for safety and peak performance.
- Look for ways to do “more with less”. Are there areas of your home which have collected unused clutter that can be cleaned up and turned into useable space?
- Strive to save energy. Get your whole family involved in saving electricity, water, and natural gas … little steps done consistently can add up!
- Review your “fire exit plan” with all members of your household. Things change over time. What might have seemed very easy and “common sense” ways to exit your family safely from your home in the event of an emergency may not be so easy any more. Look, too, for fire-safe products.
- Consider purchasing a home warranty to help protect you against unexpected costs. These are available even if you’ve owned your home for years!
And, finally, please allow us to be your partner in home maintenance. We have years of experience working with quality building products. We know at least a little bit about nearly everything and can usually provide you with great resources of information for any area of your home’s upkeep.
We’re McCarthy Metal Roofing Systems, North Carolina’s metal roofing experts.