11 Jan Wrapping Up Our Series: Is a Metal Roof Right for Your NC Home?
We often have homeowners ask whether a metal roof would work on their North Carolina home. Fact is, metal roofs can be a great addition to just about any home. The key considerations in making a decision, though, are what the homeowner’s goals are with a new roof and also what special considerations there may be with their roof. In this 9-part series we’ve addressed:
Possible homeowner goals:
- To stay in the home through at least 1 re-roofing cycle
- To have pleasing aesthetics and improve the value of the home
- To do the right thing for the environment
- To protect the home from weather extremes
Special considerations to keep in mind for a metal roof:
- The pitch of your roof
- Existing leaks
- Increasing attic ventilation
- Complex roof lines
- Skylights, chimneys and other protrusions
While these lists are by no means exhaustive, we hope they provide some glimpse at whether a metal roof might be right for you and your home. Please contact us anytime you’d like to discuss your roofing situation in greater detail. We’re North Carolina’s metal roofing experts: McCarthy Metal Roofing Systems.